Monday, May 13, 2013

#dontsithome Brunch at The Spotted Pig in NYC!


Saturday I went to The Spotted Pig located in NYC. One word...AMAZING!
The food was delish and my tasty Bloody Mary definitely hit the spot.

They don't take reservations and I couldn't wait to try the food because of their reputation, so when we arrived at this funky West Village spot, my friend and I headed straight upstairs to their second floor. We grabbed two seats at the bar to get our feast going!

First thing on the agenda, a Bloody Mary! 


These were made perfectly with tasty marinated garnishes. Nothing says brunch like a great Bloody Mary and these definitely were the right choice for this Saturday morning.

We started off our foodie experience with this fried bowl of awesomeness.


I love anything fried and am a sucker for cheese, so the combination of the two just made for a little bowl of heaven. My taste buds were happy!

I chose the cheese burger with Roquefort cheese and shoestring fries as my entree. 


Yes, it was as good as it looks! I heard their burgers were awesome and I'm so happy it did not disappoint!

My friend went with their pork cheek and egg special. 


This was also delicious! Anyone who knows me knows that if we are going out for a meal together, there is a 99.9% chance I will be trying their meal too lol. My friends are good sports and I'm so happy I was able to taste this. As I said, it was a special, but I would definitely love to see it on their regular brunch menu!

There are so many delicious sounding choices on their menu, so I will be back to sample more! I was eyeing up someone's Dutch Baby with house smoked bacon and maple syrup while we were there. The guy who was enjoying it at the other end of the bar said it was great. I also just saw they have braised lamb shank on their dinner menu. Um, yes please!

If you are going for a meal, or even just cocktails, The Spotted Pig is definitely a great spot with so much character. They are decorated with, yes you guessed it, pigs! #dontsithome and go to see the creative decor for yourself :). 



The Spotted Pig
314 W 11th Street
New York, NY 100014
(212)620-0393

 For more information about my #dontsithome adventures, follow Don't Sit Home on social media!





No comments:

Post a Comment